Coronavirus is a new disease that affects your respiratory system. It is now a Pandemic, a global outbreak of disease. It comes from a large family of viruses that cause serious illness ranges from cold and cough to severe respiratory syndrome. It is also detected in some animal species like cats, camel, bats, and cattle. It is transmitted between animals and humans. The animal coronaviruses can infect humans and spread between one individual to another. It is categorized into 3 sections such as MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, and SARS-CoV-2. According to the research, all three viruses are originated from the bats.
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Pressure in chest or chest pain
- Bluish lips
Do not take for granted all these symptoms because if it can’t treat within 14 days, it can cause various severe health conditions including pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Who are at higher risk?
People who are suffering from a serious chronic medical condition such as heart diseases, kidney infection, diabetes, lungs infection, older people, children at the age of 18 years, people who have long term health problem or have weakened immune system, and pregnant women are at higher risk of getting infected from Coronaviruses.
- Maintain one hand distance space between yourself and others.
- Avoid going in crowded areas as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and coming back home.
- If you are outside and don’t have soap and water, use sanitizer that contains at least 60% of alcohol.
- Avoid travelling if not urgent.
- Wash your hands quickly after touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and face, etc. Use a clean handkerchief and napkin to wipe out your face and hands.
- Avoid eating non-veg, processed and packaged foods, and street foods.
- If you are suffering from fever, cold or cough then wear a mask to cover your mouth and nose.
- If some other person is suffering from cold and fever, give them a mask to wear it.
- Clean objects such as mobile phones which you are using more often.
- Avoid sharing your personal stuff such as food, cups, towel, scarf, utensils and many more.
The team of ShriRam Pathology Lab in Meerut advises you all to follow all these preventive measures seriously and properly. If you also suffering from above these symptoms or travelling back from foreign countries, immediately consult the doctor because early detection can stop spreading the viruses.